Occlusive Dressing For Open Chest Wounds
The Beacon™ Chest Seal is an advanced occlusive wound dressing designed to treat open chest wounds. Penetrating injuries to the chest that result in open chest wounds may lead to tension pneumothorax, the second leading cause of preventable death on the battlefield. Beacon™ Chest Seals are specifically designed with a medical grade hydrogel adhesive strong enough to adhere to skin that is exposed to blood, sweat, hair, sand or water.
The Beacon™ Chest Seal is available in both a vented and non-vented version. The vented version features our patented design with 4 vents that allow for one-way airflow out of the chest cavity during exhalation while preventing airflow into the chest cavity during inhalation. The 4 vent design maximizes venting and ensures proper chest seal function in the event of an obstruction.
- The Beacon Chest Seal is to be used by police, fire, EMS, military or anyone else who comes in contact with a victim of a penetrating chest wound.
- The Beacon Chest Seal is intended to be used in the field. Only use after careful training!
- Any serious event that has occurred in relation to the device should be reporded to the manufacturer.
- Disposal should be handled according to local environmental procedures for medical waste.
- Monitor the casualty for the potential development of a subsequent tension pneumothorax regularly. If the casualty develops increasing hypoxia, respiratory distress, or hypotension and a tension pneumothorax is suspected, treat by burping or removing the dressing or by needle decompression.
Only use after training!
The Beacon™ Chest Seal Meets CoTCCC Preferred Features for Chest Seals.
- FDA 510(k) Exempt, CE Marking
- Used by Military, Police, Fire, EMS and First Responders
- Large 6 Inch Round Shape for Optimal Coverage Area
- Large Release Tab for Easy Application and Removal
- Effective in Extreme Heat
- Transparent Backing for Easy Placement Over the Chest Wound
- Strong Medical Grade Hydrogel Adhesive
- Lightweight Puncture-Resistant Packaging
- Conforms and Adheres Easily to All Body Surfaces
- Function and Integrity of Chest Seal Preserved when Folded or Rolled
- Vacuum Sealed Pouch with 4 Tear Notches
- Latex Free
|BCS-92590||Non-Vented Chest Seal 6" Round||One Per Pack|
|BCS-92590K||Non-Vented Chest Seal 6" Round, Kit Size||One Per Pack|
|BCS-92592||Non-Vented Chest Seal 6" Round||Two Per Pack|
|BCS-92594||Vented Chest Seal 6" Round||One Per Pack|
|BCS-92594K||Vented Chest Seal 6" Round, Kit Size||One Per Pack|
|BCS-92596||Combo Pack, 1 Vented / 1 Non-Vented Seal||Two Per Pack|
|BCS-92598||Vented Chest Seal 6" Round||Two Per Pack|
|BCS-92598KP||Twin Pack, 2 Vented Chest Seals, Kit Size, Perforated||One Per Pack|
Package Dimensions: Regular Size - 6" x 8", Kit Size - 4" x 6"